Author Topic: MUGEN NEWS - U.A.O. PROJECT  (Read 15957 times)

electrocaid

• mugen mugen mugen mugen mugeeeeeen
    • View Profile
Re: MUGEN NEWS
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2014, 08:50:15 PM »
@Mud Jellyfish: i'll keep updating the perfect select in all cases... simply because it's the true select.def of my mugen game, the mugen museum...  ;D BTW, wouldn't your own database be useful to the project? :)
Dear friend.

I think you already know this,
There is not nothing much I can do for you,

but,
infomation at my Homepage, you can use.

if you have a perplexed question,
Send to private message for me.

Thank you friend! :)

It's very generous my friend, thanks ;)

electrocaid

• View Profile
Re: MUGEN NEWS - U.A.O. PROJECT
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 08:51:07 PM »
Ok folks. I can come up with a draft but anyone has an idea of how this new page going to be laid out?

the best newsite of all (mugen) times for me:

http://www.freewebs.com/sammas/oldnews.htm

---> complete & straight to the point ;)

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2014, 08:58:17 PM »
Well, I was under the impression we would have something similar to the old mugen news sites, but perhaps a fresher idea might be good too

How complicated would it be to have a little interactive box that has a preview of the last 5 updates/reports with a picture?
Like, if I reported Char A, Stage A, Char B, Screenpack A, and Char C; could the little box display a pic of Char A, and have arrows that let you shift through the last 5 reported items?

To get a better idea of what i mean, something like what 2diyer has now

Unlike 2diyer, when you click the news article/report, it wont take you to a forum post, but the news post instead.

Perhaps below it, another 5 reported releases
On the right hand side, an "archive" of previously reported releases, a RSS feed button, and a link to the database?
Left I suppose for site navigation, a button to enter CSX, and affiliate links?

Now my questions to everyone:

-Should 4 images be the standard for whenever a release gets reported?
-Can we/should we have a filter for report type?
Similar to how sites like MFG have filters for creation type.
-Would we report miscellaneous mugen news as well?
Like "'Creator A' who is working on 'Character A' just posted new shots and details about their WIP"
"Update for 'Creation X' is in the works according to post by 'Author A'
-"'Author A' has posted a teaser shot of 'Character A', is it a WIP?"
Things like that.

the form is good for me
things would be clear & direct

my answers, by order:
- 1 image is enough
- we are supposed to be the filters, lol ---> admins are part of "trust's circle" ;)
- all mugen related news (i mean releases) are good to be reported, that's the purpose of the project  ;D (a larger specter of activities would be too hard [& not so useful]) ---> a released wip is a release: a mugen shot isn't the release of a mugen creation... (but a misc. release, like the recent interactive mugen is the release of a mugen data)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:01:33 PM by electrocaid »

scourgesplitter

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 11:56:28 PM »
Yes something detailed like this would be very nice.

As for your questions.

1) The use of 4 images seems to be a little excessive. At most 2 would be fine.
2) A filter would definitely be useful rather than having to rummage through all the other unrelated old news if one were to be interested in finding out the exact date at which a specific creation was released.
3) I'd say I'm not too sure about this one. Everyone here should know that creators do not stand 100% by their word when it comes to something being released at a certain date in time. I think we should just stick to releases but, thats just what I think. On the other hand we can have a rumors section, maybe not immediately but sometime later on when we get used to the workload everyone shares.

On another note heres the status of a few members I've asked to join.

1) V-Nix (Unavailable)
2) Phantom Blood (No response yet)
3) Magic Toaster & Ryoucchi (Unavailable)

We need to figure out who else could possibly step up to the plate.
Have we heard from Nunor or Zbrock yet?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:09:19 AM by scourgesplitter »

ClubSyN-X-TReME

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2014, 12:16:47 PM »
I will say this, my job "real life" gets in the way but I am happy and I will share my server resources and develop the news script to get things going, so dont worry about that.

I see the ideas you all are going for, ok but still we need a bit of originality IMO where it wont look like a clone site of another site.

1. one or two images would be better
2. Filteres are no problem
3. releases or maybe information about project that pretty much that almost the entire community are looking forward to, for instance elecbyte releases something or virtualtek releases something. etc

Just my thoughts.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »
Ok so everyone seems to be in agreement for 1-2 images per report
When i said 4, i meant small pictures :P

@electrocaid: I know we are the filters, but if a user uses our site to find the latest stages or screenpacks, it would be beneficial to them to be able to filter out characters and such

I wasn't 100% sure about the misc. releases, and it seems its not necessary.
On the other hand we can have a rumors section, maybe not immediately but sometime later on when we get used to the workload everyone shares.
I actually really like this idea. This could be something that's different. I dont know any other mugen related site that does this
Of course there arent a huge amount of rumors so maybe we could update this monthly?

@SyN: I agree. I was using the 2diyer thing as an example of how with would function but not for how it should look.
This goes to everyone, what could we do to have a different, yet simple look/layout for the site?

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2014, 08:53:14 AM »
ahaaha

about the filters, i didn't think to search filters: about these, for sure it's a good idea to include them (&/or a search engine)

what could we do to have a different, yet simple look/layout for the site?

well: a kind of RSS signal displayed on main page + newsemails for subscribers? :)

about Nunor & Zombiebrocks ---> i've simply invited them to read the post & i haven't received an answer by email (but after 48 hours only)

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2015, 06:42:08 PM »
http://www.2diyer.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=14&page=1 IS BACK!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk