Author Topic: a mugen museum sp? - potential reward here!  (Read 22389 times)

electrocaid

• mugen mugen mugen mugen mugeeeeeen
    • View Profile
Re: a mugen museum sp? - potential reward here!
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2014, 10:04:25 PM »
About musics. All musics are mp3, so you can change the volume and give them back to me according to your needs. Sounds could hardly have volume change (well, it's not right, but it's better to volume down mp3 than sounds, imho).

as you wish my friend: i suggest to do the operation as soon as i'll have tested a version with all the needed mp3s -> one single operation is more cautious because my advanced method cannot be used twice on a same track... but the result is impressive: every mili-second of the track is optimized...  ;D

I'm not against Museum, I was just thinking this screenpack is more like Matrix than only for the museum. And don't really 'the' by itself, except as a joke in my avatar. What do you see as the text for the title, anything is fine, simple.

lol:
- about the museum: it's a part of the story... & i'm sure that everybody will use my personnal parameters (recent pc is needed...)
- about the "the": to be precise the "Matrix" series are the "The Matrix" series (even animatrix's correct name is "the" animatrix... [cf. the first welcome page you used: original title was "The Matrix"]) [big fan here, lol]

I can add other loops for option screen & versus one, no prob.

oh yeah!!!!
thank you so much my friend: links by pm in a few min  ;D
nb: is it a problem with the main screen? (i'm askin' before buyin', lol)
also, is there a technical possibility for the winning screen?

No prob also for the logo, do I have to keep the '3' on the upper right corner (I don't know if it mean anything).

exxxcellent!!! for answerin': no need
the "3" means that the club closed twice before its current location, lol  ;D
you'll see with the loop that i have a very precise idea in my mind :D

I could use Matrix font for player names, but no permanent 'level'

perfect! (i hope that the result will be good but i don't imagine why i wouldn't be: these fonts are used everywhere & they rock)

Credits... seems that I forgot to remove a debug part. Will be fixed in the final version.

thanks ;)
i'll see the current result before choosing a suiting theme (i have two possibilities but it depends of the credits lenght: as mugen is a more-than-10-years project, i'm not opposite to a 10 min credits [the most complete i've ever seen - the one i previously used had an 8 min. lenght - 5-6 years ago...])

As I know Elecbyte did not let creators a way to put a music during continue. But if you have a screenpack with such feature I could take a look at it.

i think that i've found the answer: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/continue-screen-music-123830.0.html
 ;D

we're close my friend
it's so exciting... after 10 years of expectations for me  :)

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
houston, we got a problem !
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2014, 08:57:26 AM »
Hello,
- about the museum: it's a part of the story... & i'm sure that everybody will use my personnal parameters (recent pc is needed...)
- about the "the": to be precise the "Matrix" series are the "The Matrix" series (even animatrix's correct name is "the" animatrix... [cf. the first welcome page you used: original title was "The Matrix"]) [big fan here, lol]
What title do you want ? The Mugen Museum Matrix, The Museum Matrix Mugen, The Mugen Matrix Museum, The Matrix Mugen Museum ?
exxxcellent!!! for answerin': no need
the "3" means that the club closed twice before its current location, lol  ;D
you'll see with the loop that i have a very precise idea in my mind :D
Waht kind of size do you want for this text (proportional to the full screen) : 1/2 ; 1/4 ; 1/12... and where in the screen (center, upper right, upper left, middle high, middle low) ?
i think that i've found the answer: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/continue-screen-music-123830.0.html
 ;D
Ok, it's official, no clean way to do it. Maybe I'll try this hack but if the sound loop or mess with select screen one, it will be no use.

[Important edit]
Today I encounter a big problem : it seems sprmaker (Elecbyte tool to create sff files) has a memory limit issue. I think it's ok for most mugen use, but in our case, trying to had full HD movies is over its limits.
I've tried to add another HD movie (the select screen) and it crash everytime.
My computer memory is OK, it's less than 50% used.
But when sprmaker use more than 1,5 Go only for itself it crash (randmoly, depending process running on computer during sprite compilation).
I think this time it's a dead end for full HD movies backgrounds.
What I will do later : Trying to reduce fps of the movies.
We'll have less pictures for each anim (for exemple, we have more than 200 frames for the title one, 300 for the select one).
The more radical way should be to reduce the whole screenpack size, but then I should restart from scratch for most work.
I will make experiences with this problem as soon as possible.
For now, it means no more movies in background (the reason why I didn't put any on the firts version, I was afraid of limits of this kind) as long as I can't reduce their memory size.
Regards,

[Edit 2]
Seems crappier (for me) but then we can keep animated backgrounds. I hope I will not reach tool size limit with the new number of frames.
I'm not sure we could use animated background for each screen anyway, now we know this limit.
Regards,
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:16:54 PM by zesensei »

electrocaid

• View Profile
Re: houston, we got a problem !
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2014, 04:31:30 PM »
What title do you want ? The Mugen Museum Matrix, The Museum Matrix Mugen, The Mugen Matrix Museum, The Matrix Mugen Museum ?

loooool, all of these can have sense but - to me - the wanted sense would be The Mugen Museum Matrix

Waht kind of size do you want for this text (proportional to the full screen) : 1/2 ; 1/4 ; 1/12... and where in the screen (center, upper right, upper left, middle high, middle low) ?

if possible, i like symetrical things... -> vs centered according to portraits??

Ok, it's official, no clean way to do it. Maybe I'll try this hack but if the sound loop or mess with select screen one, it will be no use.

no problem, just forget about it then ;)

(too bad if you've heard the snd...)

it seems sprmaker (Elecbyte tool to create sff files) has a memory limit issue.

if you want, i can try operations with my pc if you tell me what to do...
if the limits are really there, wouldn't it be nicer to reduce the definition of the sprites instead of reducing the number of frames? i don't know... i'm wondering...

edit

i've understood the problem ... & i can't find an answer... for now

edit 2

i know this isn't the best solution but this may be a solution...:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fighter-factory-ultimate-2-6-122553.0.html

also, i've sent a PM to Duracelleur... who knows? - but i think that we'll have to do without Scal for now...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:44:19 PM by electrocaid »

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2014, 07:47:19 AM »
Hello,
The problem is not related to memory, as I thought.
I'm investigating on it.
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2014, 07:53:51 AM »
That IS indeed, a great news!!!

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2014, 01:58:21 PM »
Miss too. Further searches seems to show a king of memory issue.
Not related to computer but tool limit.
I will continue to investigate, and can give you material to reproduce the error.
I think I will also post it in Elecbyte forum, so they can confirm or not it's related to the tool itself or not.
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2014, 05:21:08 PM »
Not related to computer but tool limit.

the reason why i think that the other sprmaker pist deserves to be investigated...

I [...] can give you material to reproduce the error.

i'll be pleased to test what you want

I think I will also post it in Elecbyte forum

that was in my mind too but i think that you can do it better than me because you know what you're talking about, opposite to me  :-[

with due respect  ;)

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2014, 09:12:45 PM »
Hello,
Bug reported :
http://elecbyte.com/forum/index.php?topic=4721.0
&
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sprmake2-exe-limits-random-crash-big-data-ingestion-159209.0.html
With more test I found that even if I use several sff files instead of only one Mugen seems to have memory issues (not related to computer's one) when dealing with so much data.
I'll try to do with it by reducing the number of frame as possible, but don't know how it will react when you'll put characters init.
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2014, 09:21:08 PM »
WARNING: archive corrupted!! (surely not totaly uploaded because i only got 122 Mo - my bad (again)!

Edit

one comment: i know that mugen reacts with pc abilities ---> everytime i've moved the museum to a new pc, loading time, etc. has decreased by half... & you know what i'm currently able to launch without any trouble...

i've only had ONE crash with mugen1.0 & it was an obvious case: a 2vs2 fight including the HD final fantasy omega char that has a 319 Mo sff file
omega2, stages/Throne Room.def, music=sound/FFXI_OST_-_The_Colosseum.mp3   ;Omega by Gold Experience Wakamoto, (10C)
when i initialy tested it (1vs1 fight), it ran perfectly...

simply imagine that winmugen hack crashed with my former pc if i tried to run a 2vs2 fight with HR chars... (of course, it's no longer the case)...

:'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:48:38 PM by electrocaid »

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2014, 08:19:51 AM »
To test.
Once you have open the DOS prompt (with cmd) you have to go into the directory where you unzip the bench-files.
For exemple, let say you unzip the bench files into D:\My Docs\my files\bench-mugen
Then you have to type in the box :
D:
cd "D:\My Docs\my files\bench-mugen"
Quotes are necessary ! (especially if you have spaces in the path)
Then you should have the beginning of your prompt that the directory where all is unziped.
And then you could type
sprmake2.exe data/mmatrix/selectsff.def
It's usual for Mugen creators that do not use GUI (older ones, guess).
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »
Thanks but...

sentence is...

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2014, 08:08:38 PM »
That's it.
On my computer it crash on another %.
Well, I've updated the package.
Can you give it a try and tell me if it's ok.
- Added music to intro
- Change duration of logo
- Fixed an error in intro text
- Added animated HD Bg for Title, Select, VS & Win screen
- Changed fonts to display name on lifebars
- Changed the Title
- Changed VS screen, added VS logo
- Changed duration of Credits, much longer (not patient enough to wait and test till the end)
- Changed Win screen layout (added foreground)
http://zesensei.free.fr/tmp/mmatrix.zip
Maybe some storyboard will load or not. Because of Mugen memory lack, it's random (sometimes you got the intro, sometime the logo, rarely both).
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2014, 09:56:50 PM »
test report:
- i got logo AND intro: both are per-fect! (& i've tried several times...)
- normal launching of the game
- title screen: perctly running (would it be possible to have same vertical distance between words of the title?)
- option screen: hahahahaha nice trick my friend...  ;D (btw: can't matrix fnt be used there too? / can't option menu have its own snd?)
- select screen: OMG! won-der-ful (one last point: would it be possible to center the mode title?)
[... no bug till now...?!? i can't see what you're talkin' about]
- VS screen: OMGWTF ----> a pure dream!!!! thank you so much my friend : a-ma-zinnn'
- fight: all is perfect to me, strictly nothing to say except thanks & thanks [no problem while fighting... it runs perfectly... with kfms...]
- victory screen is soooo exciting! one remark: have you thought to ... "large" quotes? (it works with kfm but what will happen in other case: is the quotebox enlarging or the lines inside going closer, etc?)
answer:

- ending: still perfectly displayed...
- credits: normal display but still no sound... list is short, lol ;) [i propose to tell a word about the mini portraits idea with the release & to let creators a period, like till end of august, for sending a pic or an avatar with sunglasses...]... runs perfectly till the end...
- help menu: to precise that mugen museum isn't included ??  ;D
- global remark: very very very short loading times for me... i'm quite surprised...

GLOBAL RANKING: SS

nb:
1/ a short readme/instal note with credits for HLoader?
2/ all mp3s included in latest versions normalized: http://1drv.ms/1pPLWsj (NOTE: + credit mp3 + (if possible) option mp3)
3/ for the public release, wouldn't it be great to put some shots from the museum with your SP [if possible, lol]?

Total respect!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:25:55 PM by electrocaid »

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2014, 05:51:47 PM »
- title screen: perctly running (would it be possible to have same vertical distance between words of the title?)
Possible.
- option screen: hahahahaha nice trick my friend...  ;D (btw: can't matrix fnt be used there too? / can't option menu have its own snd?)
It's possible to change font, but not recommanded. No sound for option screen if I remember well.
- select screen: OMG! won-der-ful (one last point: would it be possible to center the mode title?)
The mode title is on the left because stage names are on the right. To avoid most letter collisions (with stage's long file names) it's better to keep this mode title on left.
- victory screen
I will see. Should be fixed.
- credits: normal display but still no sound... list is short, lol ;) [i propose to tell a word about the mini portraits idea with the release & to let creators a period, like till end of august, for sending a pic or an avatar with sunglasses...]... runs perfectly till the end...
No sound... I forgot to include it.
- help menu: to precise that mugen museum isn't included ??  ;D
Yep.
1/ a short readme/instal note with credits for HLoader?
Readme with install notes and credits wil be included in the final release.
3/ for the public release, wouldn't it be great to put some shots from the museum with your SP [if possible, lol]?
No prob, better to have a screenshot of the select screen.
I can do other screenshot myself (and will for release).

I think I will continue to work on it next week.
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »
hello my friend,
for answering by order & avoiding quotes-combo, lol:
- title screen: thanks ;)
- option screen: of course, i'll follow your precious advices & yes, after checking, no snd for option menu (according to your list)
- select screen: i didn't have noticed.... my bad again  ::)
- victory screen: thanks! too bad that i can't find this pic with better quality as background: i'm sure that it'd be fun --->

note that the following image, ascending/scrolling to its top (upper part) (if you see what i mean), could be good too...

don't you think so? [try with your mouse, lol :D ]
- credits: lol ---> included in the normalized pack :)
- help menu: great!
- readme: exxxcellent!
- shots of final result: yes, i thought to select screen too :D (for fights, i hope that my "private" idea pleased you)...

Kind regards,
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:22:33 PM by electrocaid »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk