Author Topic: a mugen museum sp? - potential reward here!  (Read 21550 times)

Blockhead

• View Profile
Re: a mugen museum sp? - potential reward here!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 03:50:56 AM »
I Feel like making the story for it

Suave Dude (Who serves as the main antagonist of M.U.G.E.N's Arcade mode.) put his mortal enemy "Kung Fu Man" in a timeloop and decided to go to universe to universe to kidnap many fighters and characters and put them into the matrix so he can test and seeing there skills so he can copy them to be the most powerful being ever.

But most of the characters team up and need to get out of the matrix and try to stop Suave Dude, But would they ever get out? Or all of them are stuck forever?

(and Suave Dude is finding the ones that got away are the ones in the Wanted dead or alive page lol.)
"Tongs!"

electrocaid

• mugen mugen mugen mugen mugeeeeeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »
LOL

i've passed a part of this night to think to something that i could qualify as "deeper"  ::) (hum hum)

Intro suggestion

cutscene 1
W
Wa
Wak
Wake
Wake
Wake u
Wake up
Wake up Neo
Wake up Neo.
Wake up Neo..
Wake up Neo...[writing point flashing, waiting for me, during 3 sec.]
Wake up Neo..
Wake up Neo.
Wake up Neo
Wake up Ne
Wake up N
Wake up
Wake up
Wake up.
Wake up..
Wake up... [another 2 sec. pause]
Wake up... y
Wake up... yo
Wake up... you

cutscene 2: a mix of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB-bJWsIG_o & then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hKIHF5cULg

cutscene3: [explosition][the following text appears letter by letter - normally]
The Bigbang beats...

The point where nihil turns into materials...

With time, various materials gather & interract...

From inanimated materials appear life...

Lifeforms gather & interract...

Mutation after mutation, mankind appears...

Man's abilities allow him to increase his power...

Man feels it & loves it...

In his quest of absolute control, man starts the M project...

M project is publicly approved by Mankind...

M project is about dominating Mankind's brains, the highest power ever discovered...

If all emotions & all the imagination of Mankind is gathered & used in one direction, universe will become theirs...

Elecbyte won the world public market concerning the technical support of the M project...

As the legend says: "The big Architect will make you enter his Matrix"...

As a part of mankind was afraid by the project, Elecbyte released Mugen, a simple .exe supposed to be a video game platform support...

And makind was fascinated by this revolutionary way to involve his brain...

All human beings started to connect non-stop to mugen, which was a virtual place allowing them to live their craziest dreams...

Mankind was trapped...

The two latest unplugged humans, subjects "e" & "z", were amused by this situation...

Animated by their own thirst for power, they decided to gather all mugen creations in a museum, supposed to represent their world donimation...

They plugged themselves only one second to see the result...

Mankind was trapped together...

But the legend also tells about a mugen creation with an A.I. perfectly matching the I.Q of his creator...

So perfect that this selected character will understand the condition of Mankind...

Following his emotions, he'll decide to save Mankind...

He'll come to the conclusion that the only way to unplug Mankind & to leave the matrix is to defeat it...

Congratulations, you've just chosen the red pill

You're the chosen one
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:13:56 AM by electrocaid »

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 09:06:39 AM »
(bad - of course -) ENDING SUGGESTION

[scrolling]

Matrix has been read...

Mankind has been freed

Elecbyte team is sentenced to death

Subjects "e" & "z" are sentenced to death by torture...

As the hands of "z" were the tools of evil, they were finaly cut

... & used to destroy the mad brains of "e", begging for mercy in these terms "not in my ears, not in my ears..."

Everybody lives now in a perfect reality...

Maybe too perfect to be real...

What if mugen was a sub-matrix?

THE MATRIX STILL HAS YOU!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNkrF43SZEU

to improve of course but this story could fit with the SP
this is the result of my night of sleep  ::)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:04:56 PM by electrocaid »

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
Hello,
I Read last posts.
- Intro possible.
- Default ending (only one default ending possible in Mugen), bad ending, possible.
Will take a little time. But possible.
Hope I can give a new version tonight, having some troubles using modifying Hloader screenpack. He do a great job and use some nice tricks to have effects (like for powerbars, or having different colors depending the game mode you choose). I have to change things so it could be used in a 'standard' screenpack, rather than only with special portraits.
Regards,

[edit]
Quick preview here :

Package could be downloaded at the same place as usual :
http://zesensei.free.fr/tmp/matrix.zip
Changelog
- Changed text on Game Over screen
- Return of title at the top of the select screen
- Add credits with all authors known from sweetmugen db
- Begin to work on fight.def based on hloader sfz3 HR screenpack (only arcade mode OK for now)

Answers :
- You can have up to 10 different fonts for the system part of Mugen, 10 others for fight & fightfx, 10 others for each storyboard (logo, intro, gameover, credits)
- Mugen can't play video. This mean you have to extract each frame of a video and then make a sff with it, and tell mugen to show each frame at the same frame rate as the original movie. It's the only way to have Mugen to play movie. It's the hard way because no compression algorithm is used by Mugen and then you easely have large files for short movies (even more with HD support).
- Sound effects must be wav ones. Volume should be normalized before incorporate it into a .snd file (and bitrate also, to have the fewer .snd file).
- For credits, it's quite simple to change author list, just give me a full list with author's name (one by line) and it will be put in the credits within 2 minutes (really).
Regards,

[edit 2]
Week-end are for family, don't expect any news until monday. Ther's still a lot to do for this screenpack.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:42:55 AM by zesensei »

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 08:14:59 AM »
two quick obs from latest vid:

[i'll complete & reply asap]

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 01:15:01 PM »
Hello,
Here's a quick update.
What's new :
- Modify hloader screenpack so it use standard portraits and resolution 1280*960 (all modes ok)
- Modify select screen layout so it could show all team members names and stage
- Fix a bug with select cross of player 2
Could be downloaded at :
http://zesensei.free.fr/tmp/mmatrix.zip (the url have changed, a little bit).

Answers :
- Yes, could be green
- Yes, I can remove the -ism text
- Yes, I can replace the Yes and No with a blue pill and a red pill.
- About the timer... I think green yes, font editor sould be somewhere on my hard disk.
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »
Hello,
I Read last posts.
- Intro possible.

yeeehaaa!  ;D

- Default ending (only one default ending possible in Mugen), bad ending, possible.

as you may have seen, from the moment where you wrote it, i've started to update the ending suggestion post  ;D

Hloader do a great job and use some nice tricks to have effects (like for powerbars, or having different colors depending the game mode you choose). I have to change things so it could be used in a 'standard' screenpack, rather than only with special portraits.

hehehe, to my tastes, HLOADER is the best SP creator: i think that he's the best possible inspiration source...

- Add credits with all authors known from sweetmugen db

about this point: i've had a totaly mad idea.... from your really clean work...

why not to present it as the Matrix agents hall of fame?

explanation:
- it would be very fun to put an agent avatar close to every name
like this:
- why? wouldn't it be fun to ask publicly to all creators to send us their avatar = a true shot or an avatar, WITH BLACK GLASSES!  8) -> like this, we can hope to have true images... (& if we don't have their avatar, we can use some real agent shots...)
if i have your bless on this point, i'll make a public ad on all mugen forums, telling to spread the word!
- back in reality: for the basic list, we can use the perfect select but, practicaly, we need to find how to extract, in one exemplary, the names.... a bright idea?

You can have up to 10 different fonts for the system part of Mugen, 10 others for fight & fightfx, 10 others for each storyboard (logo, intro, gameover, credits)

thanks a lot for this very very surprising news: i'm gonna ask to my brain to take it into account  ;)

Mugen can't play video. This mean you have to extract each frame of a video and then make a sff with it, and tell mugen to show each frame at the same frame rate as the original movie. It's the only way to have Mugen to play movie. It's the hard way because no compression algorithm is used by Mugen and then you easely have large files for short movies (even more with HD support).

You exactly confirm what i thought but i keep confident!!! check your PMs!!!

Modify select screen layout so it could show all team members names and stage

excellent idea!
BTW, would it be possible - technically - to include a bg preview when choosing it?

- Yes, could be green
- Yes, I can remove the -ism text
- Yes, I can replace the Yes and No with a blue pill and a red pill.
- About the timer... I think green yes, font editor sould be somewhere on my hard disk.

great, great, great & great!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:51:11 PM by electrocaid »

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 09:06:16 AM »
VS SCREEN SUGGESTION POST

I'm talkin about the screen after all chars have been selected

of course, i'm not talking about the proportions or exact place: this is a scheme  :P

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 09:14:48 AM »
MY SUGGESTION OF WINNING SCREEN

animated background to be selected later

over it:
[under "p2" place]

[under "p1" place]
big portrait of p1

over these, huhuhu...

this: http://marispotatoes.deviantart.com/art/Metal-Gear-Solid-2-Codec-41304488

(without sound...)

... could be great no?

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 10:10:59 AM »
Woosh,
Seems a lot of updates.
Will take a look later, and not sure to understand all.
Just a question : I've take a look at the perfect select.
We could extract author names from it (with a filter, I'll take what's after a 'by' word, for example.
Just to be sure : it seems you notice mainly character's author, no ? (there's also SP, but it's not clear ther's also lifebars, intro, ending or background author's name).
Could you clarify this point for me.
It should help extract all author's name from select.def (58 000 lines, we'll automatise most of the work, guess).
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 01:44:25 PM »
Woosh,
Seems a lot of updates

i can confirm  ;D

Will take a look later, and not sure to understand all

feel free to ask me my friend

Just a question : I've take a look at the perfect select.
We could extract author names from it (with a filter, I'll take what's after a 'by' word, for example.
Just to be sure : it seems you notice mainly character's author, no ? (there's also SP, but it's not clear ther's also lifebars, intro, ending or background author's name).
Could you clarify this point for me.
It should help extract all author's name from select.def (58 000 lines, we'll automatise most of the work, guess)

I don't pretend that the perfect select is the absolute list but it contains the creators' names of:
- chars
- addons (lb, fnt, fx, sp, etc.)
at least till 2010 but also a small part of "new" creators" : it'd be great to find a way to use future releases of the perfect select to update the credits... please ask me for the current version of perfect select (not released) before doing the job: it already contains tons of new stuff...

another detail: yes, authors' names are always located between a "by" & a ",", a "-" or a "[end of line]"

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 04:54:56 PM »
Ok,
I have tryed to convert the movie loop (9 s = 201 pictures/frame = 192 Mo) and have a problem with new Elecbyte tools (it erase most frames because it see them as duplicates ones).
I'll see later if there's a bug fix version of their tool.
For the gif of MGS, do you want to use the one in the post or another without advertisement ?
For the select screen I think it's not possible with a standard screenpack. Mugen only show the first portrait of the first player of both team. And then it show the names of both characters only for Coop Mode (mean 2 names for each team, but 1 portrait).
We could make a Vs screen like you want for a custom screenpack, for example, with a limited number of characters, but not for an unlimited one.
We could add avatars for each creator (alive), only time consuming, no technical limit.
Ok, I'll take a look at the bad ending, seems I have some pictures to include.
Regards,
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 05:04:08 PM by zesensei »

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 05:32:44 PM »
I have tryed to convert the movie loop (9 s = 201 pictures/frame = 192 Mo) and have a problem with new Elecbyte tools (it erase most frames because it see them as duplicates ones).
I'll see later if there's a bug fix version of their tool.

lol  ;D
I don't know...
i guess that you're using the frame splitting method for keeping the quality...
if i'm correct, the elecbyte tools works correctly: it replaces only true twins by code -> there shouldn't have a problem with it  ???

For the gif of MGS, do you want to use the one in the post or another without advertisement ?

i've seen a dl button in the right part of the page... does the content still have this fucking ad??

For the select screen I think it's not possible with a standard screenpack. Mugen only show the first portrait of the first player of both team. And then it show the names of both characters only for Coop Mode (mean 2 names for each team, but 1 portrait).
We could make a Vs screen like you want for a custom screenpack, for example, with a limited number of characters, but not for an unlimited one.
We could add avatars for each creator (alive), only time consuming, no technical limit.

that would explain why - the hell - i have never seen 4 big port. on a single screen, lol
but that would be a shame...  :'(
when you mean "a custom sp", i guess that you aim an sp with big portraits in his sff ?? if this is it, i give up directly the idea because ... it's obvious, lol
i hope that - at least - it's possible to display both little port. of a team next to the lb...
about the avatars: excellent [french on] le plus simple serait de mettre les têtes en quinconce, comme j'ai essayé de le montrer, afin de gagner de la place, soit 2 * la taille de la ligne par auteur [french off]
according to this, what would be the correct size for avatars?
my idea is to give you random agents avatars that we could replace everytime an author has sent us his matrix avatar  ;D

Ok, I'll take a look at the bad ending, seems I have some pictures to include.

good
you may have noticed that i'm more expressing the schemes than theirs materializations  :P ::)
---> a "french touch" is obliged for me ;)

encore merci pour ton indulgence, lol  :)

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 05:55:11 PM »
About duplicate images :
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sprmake2-exe-hates-my-guts-and-deletes-93-my-sprites-157129.msg1949047.html#msg1949047
It seems I'm not the only one having the problem. I don't know what algorithm Elecbyte used to compare two pictures but it fail in some cases. And the main problem is the option 'do not delete duplicate files' does not work.
About the GIF/Flash of MGS The dowload link give you a bigger version of the gif where you see better the advertisement :)
I would prefer to add avatars when they're good, because I should add them one by one and I prefer to add the good one once and for all rather than put a random one, and after remove it to add a new good one.
I made a mistake in my last post, it was the VS screen that could not show 4 members of a team.
There should be an update of the screenpack before midnight (depending if I play videogames or not before ;) ).
Regards,

[Edit]
I don't like to put unfinished things, but I need to sleep.
The new screenpack is available there :
http://zesensei.free.fr/tmp/mmatrix.zip
Here's the changelog :
- Remove the mode over power bars
- Modify timer font color
- Added music for title, select, vs, victory screens
- Changed duration of VS screen
- Modify system sound fx with Hloader sfz3 ones
- Added a draft and uncomplete version of default ending
I haven't made a video capture because my laptop do not record sounds on video and mains changes are on sounds and musics.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:52:01 PM by zesensei »

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 09:33:52 PM »
j'ai trouvéééé: http://dsarena.free.fr/tools/sff2tr/  ::)

au pire, tu utilises les anciens sprmaker & l'autre, lol

About the GIF/Flash of MGS The dowload link give you a bigger version of the gif where you see better the advertisement :)

oh fuck...
no idea for now...

I would prefer to add avatars when they're good, because I should add them one by one and I prefer to add the good one once and for all rather than put a random one, and after remove it to add a new good one.

ok but for launching the public ad, i need to know the wanted dimensions ;)

I made a mistake in my last post, it was the VS screen that could not show 4 members of a team.

& i automaticaly corrected it :)

test du jour
 ;D ;D ;D
Excellent!!!
a few obs:
- a misunderstanding about the color of the lb: i thought to both... green :)
- timer font rocks!!!
- thanks for the "ism" removal: it's much more better
- about the result markers, would it be possible to replace the current ones by blue / red pills shots?  ::) (or matrix special signs, i don't know...)
example:
- about the victory screen: if i'm correct, the name of the char is partly out of the sreen (left side)
- the more i'm playing, the more i'm convinced that a permanent trans effect on all lb elements could be nice... (it's already the case with the clear green parts but i could be increased... to my sense)
- team mode: wouldn't it nice to edit the char symbol with black suit & glasses?  8)
- 2vs2 lb: really nice - nb a small bug in the hereunder shot ;)

one thing is sure: the sp is much better in testing than in video, lol ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk