Author Topic: a mugen museum sp? - potential reward here!  (Read 21553 times)

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
Re: a mugen museum sp? - potential reward here!
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 08:13:53 AM »
au pire, tu utilises les anciens sprmaker & l'autre, lol
Yes and no. It could be a solution but the input format is different from the actual one, and I need to make a new tool to convert a definition file from newer format to old one.

ok but for launching the public ad, i need to know the wanted dimensions ;)
Actually it's 40*40, but we could use bigger ones if needed (I think less than 100*100 will be good, if we don't want a too tall credit screen). But all avatars must be the same size (well this would be simpler).

- a misunderstanding about the color of the lb: i thought to both... green :)
Could you be more precise and give screenshots.
I fear a 'all green' lb and lb ornament should hide them.

- about the result markers, would it be possible to replace the current ones by blue / red pills shots?  ::) (or matrix special signs, i don't know...)
Need more info also. I keep the SFA3 markers because they show information about the kind of KO that occurs (it its a cheap/defense KO, a super, a simple KO, a Time Over...). We could use only pills for all, if you want.

- about the victory screen: if i'm correct, the name of the char is partly out of the sreen (left side)
I'll see that. Seems there's something wrong, yes.

- the more i'm playing, the more i'm convinced that a permanent trans effect on all lb elements could be nice... (it's already the case with the clear green parts but i could be increased... to my sense)
Argh, transparencies are (one of) my big loophole. I'll see for it later or need help on this point.

- team mode: wouldn't it nice to edit the char symbol with black suit & glasses?  8)
It could be but I'm an horrible drawer. If you have pictures I could use them.

- 2vs2 lb: really nice - nb a small bug in the hereunder shot ;)
Didn't see it. I'll look at it.
Tonight, I could release a first version of the default ending (hope so).
Regards,

[edit]
I've updated a new package. Default ending is OK, with a movie inside so you can see it's possible but it's heavy.
regards,
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:38:30 PM by zesensei »

electrocaid

• mugen mugen mugen mugen mugeeeeeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 08:11:04 PM »
t'es vraiment terrifiant!!!  ;D

the ending is truly amazing
about this, one question: would it be possible to read simultaneously two snd files? i mean: would it be possible to put the laugh of smith on the bgm?

for answering to your observations in order:
- if i'm correct, old sffs can be read by 1.x... (definition problem excepted: i don't know about it)
- about the agents "mini" ports, i can't see what do you mean by "actually" because i can't launch it... & i dont understand why  :-[
- about lb color: i don't think because it was fine with your first ver. of the sp: left lb was green & it was perfect to me
- about the power bars: wouldn't it be logic to have a level 0 ?
- about the result markers: good remark, i keep thinking about it
- about the victory screen: yes, the name starts outside of the screen (& the victory quote should, if i'm correct, be lower)
- about transparencies: lol, oki docki ;)
- about team mode: as i can't extract the files from sff, i can't even try an edit  :'(
- about 2vs2 lb: i can confirm that the bug is still there ;)

once again: a-ma-zing work my friend  ;D

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 09:04:52 PM »
about this, one question: would it be possible to read simultaneously two snd files?
Yes, we could have both mp3 and snd file, and then play a sound during a cutscene. If you have the mp3 of the laugh, I can add it during the last scene.

- if i'm correct, old sffs can be read by 1.x... (definition problem excepted: i don't know about it)
Yes, but it's far easier for me to make a movie for Mugen in sff 2.0 format than in sff 1.0 format.

- about the agents "mini" ports, i can't see what do you mean by "actually" because i can't launch it... & i dont understand why  :-[
My fault, I'll fix it in the next release.

- about lb color: i don't think because it was fine with your first ver. of the sp: left lb was green & it was perfect to me
I'll see at the first ver... Fixed in the next release.

- about the power bars: wouldn't it be logic to have a level 0 ?
No, Hloader do not put anything like this in his sp.

- about the victory screen: yes, the name starts outside of the screen (& the victory quote should, if i'm correct, be lower)
- Fixed in the next release.

- about team mode: as i can't extract the files from sff, i can't even try an edit  :'(
- Take a look at
http://zesensei.free.fr/tmp/team-icons.zip Should do the work.

- about 2vs2 lb: i can confirm that the bug is still there ;)
- Fixed in the next release

[Edit]
I've released a new version, mainly a bugfix of today's one (available at 22:45, slow upload).
http://zesensei.free.fr/tmp/mmatrix.zip
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:32:33 PM by zesensei »

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 09:59:28 PM »
- the mp3 of the laugh can be extracted from the youtube video that you used with this: http://www.url-to-mp3.com/ (for sure, i can rework it but... if i'm correct, you've shorten the video... so the mp3 should be shorten too)
- the easier for you, the best for me ;) (but i dont have the solution [Scal, if you read this...])
- concerning the credits: for once, this isn't my bad...  :D ;)
- 'bout the lbs: yes, left lf was green & right on, yellow
- about the powerbars: yes but... can't we you do better? [hum hum] (at least, to keep constantly the "lvl" txt because it's really really empty without it...)
- now, i know that i'm not good at sprite editing too: funny but not decent  ;D

edit, after testing
- i still cannot see credits  ???
- a stupid thing: the title of the sp... isn't the title... lol
- i really love the ending: the video is so fluent... very impressive...
[my girlfriend is angry because it's late: rough end of transmission]  ;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:11:11 PM by electrocaid »

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 07:44:33 AM »
- the mp3 of the laugh can be extracted from the youtube video that you used with this: http://www.url-to-mp3.com/ (for sure, i can rework it but... if i'm correct, you've shorten the video... so the mp3 should be shorten too)
- Esay, should do it tonight.

- the easier for you, the best for me ;) (but i dont have the solution [Scal, if you read this...])
- I've idea to do it in another way, I'll see it later, too.

- 'bout the lbs: yes, left lf was green & right on, yellow
I've changed the color myself, hope it suit well now.

- about the powerbars: yes but... can't we you do better? [hum hum] (at least, to keep constantly the "lvl" txt because it's really really empty without it...)
- Possible, I'll look later.

- now, i know that i'm not good at sprite editing too: funny but not decent  ;D
- Will add it tonight. I will do a palette swap to have different sprites for p1 et p2 (should be skin color)

- i still cannot see credits  ???
I'll test it tonight. Credits run only if you let the whole ending to the end, without interrupt it.

Could you be more precise, what title of the sp (inside def files, on screen, in help screen) ?

I've started working on intro.
If you find a screen about the blanck screen you want for the second scene, it could help me.
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »
Esay, should do it tonight.
great!

- I've idea to do it in another way, I'll see it later, too.
as you wish my friend ;)

I've changed the color myself, hope it suit well now.
can i understand that you've already have uploaded a new ver?  :o

- Possible, I'll look later.

Thanks ;)

- about the mini port: if you absolutely want to use one, please use this updated ver:

much better to my sense...
edit: maybe this one for p1?

Credits run only if you let the whole ending to the end, without interrupt it.
an interesting clue: i haven't tried this way since your correction...

Could you be more precise, what title of the sp (inside def files, on screen, in help screen) ?

the main screen should - if i'm correct - display "the mugen museum matrix"

the intro, ending, credits, etc, this vid could be usefull i think:

a flashing screen:

very important for the intro: THE VID of TV SCREEN OFF

also, a general question: would it be possible, without too much work for you, to add / replace some storyboards parts? (i ask in case i find new interesting material)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:00:56 PM by electrocaid »

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 10:12:23 AM »
the main screen should - if i'm correct - display "the mugen museum matrix"
Ha, ha... I understand more.
Well the title is written in the image, I haven't push it over it. That's why I didn't understand the sentence.
No problem, I could use another image without the title and put it with the correct font and the same color.

What about the flash screen ?
You want to kill photo epileptic users with all storyboards ?
I will include the TV screen off tonight (except if I do something else tonight).
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 05:37:27 PM »
 ;D
that was a stupid comment but... necessary, lol
if i'm correct, you already have the same image (in the ending) & the resolution isn't worst...
(& i keep hoping that one day, it'd possible to put a looped anim as background in the welcome screen...)

about the flash screen: lol, that wasn't the idea... i simply thought that you could use a small part of it as very short flash...

i'm already curious the see the result of the TV screen off  ;D ;)

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »
Hello,
I'm taking cooking courses, it's fun...
Well, about adding / replacing storyboard parts, you can tell, I'll tell you if its possible or not.
Expect an update for tonight.
I think I'll then make a public release and after spend my time on other things (Mugen or not).
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2014, 05:42:07 PM »
of course as you wish my friend

i'll test it with pleasure  ;)

i hope that i could do a bug report before the public release, lol  ;D

about the lb transparency, maybe that the following links can help:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/making-custom-kof2k2um-lifebars-how-do-you-make-sprites-transparent-96543.0.html
http://www.jeuxmangas.net/mugen/creer-des-lifebars-pour-mugen-1-0.html

another point: i hope that the public release will contain a full pack including mugen...  :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:24:43 PM by electrocaid »

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2014, 09:12:18 PM »
Hello,
Perhaps not tonight, I got problem with a custom font (the one with pills).
About transparency, I now basics (like Cyanide help) but have more problems with degree of transparency.
I will not put the Mugen exe with the screenpack. No need for it.
It's only a screenpack/motif to customize any Mugen install. I like the way Elecbyte make motif so anyone can have several look and feel with only one Mugen.exe and try to suit their idea about it.
Regards,

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2014, 09:25:30 PM »
ok my friend, no real problem with that... but a short readme could be useful because... i've had to try several times before understanding how to install it correctly...

SP -especially so "advanced"-aren't usually released under a simple "motif" logical  ;)

another detail: would it be possible to normalize all sounds before any public release?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:29:19 PM by electrocaid »

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2014, 11:15:17 PM »
Hello,
Too late to debug one of the last bug: the default ending do not show anymore since I add intro. Do not know why, investigating...
Here's the link to the motif :
http://zesensei.free.fr/tmp/mmatrix.zip (should be available around 01:00 in the morning)
Changelog :
- Added default ending (with evil laugh) (doesn't load for mysterious reasons)
- Added intro
- Select screen is fully animated
- Modify continue screen (red pill, blue pill)
- Change group battle icons
- Removed Win Screen (redundant with default ending)

About mp3 levels, I think you should help me, I'm not really good about sound levels, most of them suit me even if it sound loud or saturated.
Regards,

[edit]
Argh. It seems some files would not load within Mugen 1.0 (I was using Mugen 1.1 for dev).
My goal is to have a fully compatible screenpack, so I'll try to fix it before continuing.

[edit2]
Well no, it mean remove most compression level, reduce colors in most files used...
Let say this screenpack will only be compatible with the latest official release, even if it's a beta (remember Mugen was a beta for more than 10 years).

[edit3]
Default ending error was tricky. It was a memory issue (randomly) that cause the storyboard to be playable alone but not after one or numerous fight (it loads and unload at the same time then). I reduced the size of the sff (by reducing a lot colors) and then it's back again (and package should be lighter, too).

[edit 3]
26/04/2014 13:30
Uploading the (first) final version
- Added logo
- Modified music during default ending
- Fix default ending bug

http://zesensei.free.fr/tmp/mmatrix.zip  (should be available around 14:15, 300 Mo to upload)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:31:58 PM by zesensei »

electrocaid

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2014, 05:24:42 PM »
Changelog :
- Added default ending (with evil laugh) (doesn't load for mysterious reasons)
- Added intro
- Select screen is fully animated
- Modify continue screen (red pill, blue pill)
- Change group battle icons
- Removed Win Screen (redundant with default ending)

VERY APPROVED
thanks a lot my friend: i'm gonna test it as soon as i've finished to dl it

http://About mp3 levels, I think you should help me, I'm not really good about sound levels, most of them suit me even if it sound loud or saturated.

That was, indeed, my proposal :)
but if can grab the mp3s, i can't uncompress the snd file(s): could you do that & send them to me -> i'll do the job & send them back to you

http://Argh. It seems some files would not load within Mugen 1.0 (I was using Mugen 1.1 for dev).
My goal is to have a fully compatible screenpack, so I'll try to fix it before continuing.

i understand but this isn't really a problem for me because i'm waiting for your SP to go to 1.1... (if i'm correct, all 1.0 creations are compatible with it...)

http://Uploading the (first) final version
- Added logo
- Modified music during default ending
- Fix default ending bug

ooooh yeah: dl finished
gonna test it right now!
;)

EDIT = AFTER TESTING

about the logo: the result is too cool
one point: the 1st cutscene starts once again before the cut (= 1,15(?)) loop

the intro: exxxcellent...
arg: a fault in the text "if all emotions & all the imagination of Mankind is are gathered..."
the sound: (after the wake up scene: http://1drv.ms/1feOPOY)

the welcome screen: much better!!!
note: if you're against the "museum" in the title, is it a problem with the "the"???

the select screen: OMFG!!!
it's so beautiful that tears are rolling on my cheeks!!!
i don't know what resolution you used but it's great!!! & my loading time is near to 0.0 sec...
wouldn't be possible to add one or two loops like this one for select screen, option screen & vs one?
i'd very happy to invest in these!!!!
  :)
(about the vs screen: it'd very classy to have a loop in background & this logo between big ports: http://img.podbean.com/itunes-logo/639504/versuz-logo-square-hires.png [nb: it's a famous belgian club...])

fighting screen: i really prefer the current lbs -> thanks a lot
wouldn't be possible to use matrix fnts for the chars' names?
(& to add the permanent "lvl" mark?)

fighting sreen in 2vs2: bug corrected!!! simply amazin'!!!

credits: they aren't displayed... but the ending is displayed twice...  :o ;)

important: continue track!!! (simply perfect for it..)
http://1drv.ms/1lTsLru
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:05:14 PM by electrocaid »

zesensei

• Too old for this
    • View Profile
    • Ze Sensei's blog
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »
Hello,
About musics. All musics are mp3, so you can change the volume and give them back to me according to your needs. Sounds could hardly have volume change (well, it's not right, but it's better to volume down mp3 than sounds, imho).
I'm not against Museum, I was just thinking this screenpack is more like Matrix than only for the museum. And don't really 'the' by itself, except as a joke in my avatar. What do you see as the text for the title, anything is fine, simple.
I can add other loops for option screen & versus one, no prob.
No prob also for the logo, do I have to keep the '3' on the upper right corner (I don't know if it mean anything).
I could use Matrix font for player names, but no permanent 'level'. I've look at it and it will take me too much time for now (and after tomorrow my time will reduce a lot).
Credits... seems that I forgot to remove a debug part. Will be fixed in the final version.
Continue track ?
As I know Elecbyte did not let creators a way to put a music during continue. But if you have a screenpack with such feature I could take a look at it.
Regards,
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 09:08:13 PM by zesensei »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk